Empower is a program designed for Jewish 7th and 8th grade boys and girls. We will learn to incorporate Judaism into our lives while enjoying a safe, social and educational environment. Empower will be held at Aish of the Rockies with Denver NCSY every other Sunday beginning on August 23rd. Contact Rabbi Yonatan Nuszen at email@example.com with questions.
We will learn to incorporate Judaism into our own lives and into the lives of our families through doing select mitzvah projects and experiential trips. For each unit, we will work to explore the mitzvah in depth to appreciate its value and to understand how it’s personal to each individual.
Our exciting curriculum uses the following units:
- Acts of Kindness
- Individuality and Jewish Names
- Growth Through Torah Learning
- Achievements of Israel
- Holocaust and My Jewish Identity
- Speaking Through Prayer
- Meeting every 2nd Sunday at Aish of the Rockies Center for Jewish Outreach from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm for a refreshment social and studying in pairs
- 5 Journeys (Mitzvah Projects) throughout the school year, each one spanning 6 weeks
- Every Journey led by a specialty leader with a connection to the Mitzvah
- Group celebration at the end of each Journey
- End of the Year trip to tour NY and present the Journeys
The cost for Empower is $1,200 annual tuition, plus $500 for the End of Year Trip.
RABBI YONATAN NUSZEN
Youth Rabbi & NCSY Partnership Liaison and Empower Program Director
R’ Yonatan Nuszen creates fun and engaging ways for students to develop a deep appreciation for our Jewish heritage. R’ Yonatan designs experiences that allow students to bond as a community while enhancing their own Jewish identity.